Do you want your pupils to engage in some incredible science at your school?
BeBoffins Science workshops are a great way to enrich the classroom environment and inspire pupils by guaranteeing jaw-dropping curriculum enhancing science experiments and unforgettable learning experiences
My workshops are specially designed so that children can improve their intellectual, cognitive and enquiry abilities through fun, thought-provoking demonstrations, experiments and interactive hands-on science activities.
My aim is to make science come to life in the classroom. Not only will your pupils be mesmerised by the ‘magic’ in the experiments but they’ll learn the real science behind them too.
Why is Beboffins the best choice for your school?
- I completely understand how busy teachers are and so I’ve done just about everything I can think of to save you time and eliminate any stress.
- As a qualified teacher my workshops are carefully planned and designed to boost science learning through practical, hands on experimenting and inspirational demonstrations.
- Beboffins workshops are suitable for mainstream schools as well as specialist SEND schools
- My workshops complement and support the science national Curriculum in schools and enable children to develop a passion for science from a young age.
- They are continually being improved and updated, relative to changes in the school curriculum, teaching methods and developments in science
- I am interested in what science you would like to teach and can help to make this as exciting as possible
- As well as being the perfect way to reinforce science topics taught in the curriculum, they also save you the expense of buying new materials and resources.
- There will be no mess, no faff and no hassle. Just an unforgettable learning experience that will bring science to life in your classroom.
Do you want to make your British Science Week a “WOW”?
My favourite time of year is British Science Week. In 2024, British Science Week runs from 8th – 17th March Workshops are available for schools and other organisations throughout British Science Week.
I will make it hassle-free for you to organise your Science Week Day Workshops, which will be equivalent to in-class science field trip and will no doubt be the highlight of your science week.
How Does a BEBoffins School Visit Work?
- I have workshops that to suit EYFS, KS1 and KS2 pupils
- I just need a table and an audience so you can sit back and enjoy the event too. There’s nothing for you to organise or arrange.
- I will bring all the materials and equipment needed in my lab on wheels s
- My Workshops generally run for a whole class for approximately 45-50 minutes and the children get to perform around 6 to 8 activities, depending on class size which everyone having 1 or 2 science activities to take home.
- I can be based in on, place or move from classroom to classroom.
- I am more than happy to tailor your school visit so that it’s just right and works best for you.
Beboffins has full public liability insurance and all activities are risk assessed and safe for the ages they are delivered to.
What about budgets?
BeBoffins don’t charge per pupil as the last thing I want to do is to add more administration. I only charge £65 for a workshop and discounts can be made for a full day. For half a day in the morning I can usually fit in 3 workshops and 2 in the afternoon.
The British Science Association offers grant funding for any science workshops held within British Science week. The institute of physics also offers funding throughout the year for workshops with a physics theme, especially if the workshop fits in with a wider project (e.g. science week). This funding does not have to be used within British Science week.
Smiles on the children’s faces are included free of charge!
That Sounds Fab! What do I do now?
I can get especially busy towards the end of term and around Science Week so be sure to get in touch asap by giving me a call on 07885818861 or clicking here to send an enquiry to get the best chance of obtaining availability